Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
- Leads and mentors a team of actuarial analysts
- Responsible for coordinating, leading, and managing projects in support of Personal Lines pricing utilizing accepted actuarial standards, methodologies, and knowledge gained through the pursuit of a professional designation in the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- Works closely with the VP of Actuarial to develop appropriate pricing strategies to support business goals.
- Performs moderate to highly complex actuarial functions used in determination of the indicated rate level need for Personal Lines.
- Determines appropriate analyses to be conducted for projects to make recommendations to achieve corporate goals.
- Evaluates procedures and processes regularly and determines/recommends alternatives or improvements.
- Prepares support data for Personal Lines.
- Conducts strategic research and peer company analyses using a variety of resources and tools.
- Prepares and analyzes actuarial data on a monthly and quarterly basis, then communicates key observations and trends based on the analysis.
- Participates in various projects, including analysis supporting:
- Commercial, Specialty, Personal and Farm Lines
- planning and reserving
- Three or more years of actuarial pricing experience. Personal Lines experience a plus.
- Pursuing CAS actuarial designation and has completed at least 4 actuarial exams.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in related field of study such as actuarial science, math/applied math, statistics/applied statistics or economics.
- Intermediate knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research.
- Fluent in analyzing data and reviewing analysis from others.
- The ability to identify and resolve basic to moderately complex data issues.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office: Advanced – Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels.
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Predictive Modeling experience a plus.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed