Seeking a highly skilled z/OS DB2 System and Database Administrator. This involves designing system solutions, implementing new features, resolving complex incidents and problems, performance tuning, responding to infrastructure monitoring and alerts, consultation with application support and development staff as well as coordinate activities with other associates and vendors by performing the following duties.
In addition to the following, other duties may be assigned.
• Minimum 8+ years’ experience as a DB2 system and database administrator
• Provide 24x7 support.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are preferred.
• Possess both analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
• The ability to work and build relations in a team environment is essential
• Good organization/prioritization skills
• Ability to work without supervision
• Have the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and still maintain quality work
• Excellent customer service skills are required
• Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and to apply judgment as well as knowledge is required.
• Ability to learn new skills and tasks quickly