Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
- Develop, mentor, and coach a team of Underwriters on SECURA policies, procedures, and products.
- Provide ongoing and timely feedback and coaching to direct reports, including discussion and development of career objectives, addressing performance issues, and providing rewards and recognition for exceptional performance.
- Administer performance reviews for direct reports mid-year and at year-end reinforcing and documenting feedback and coaching discussions.
- Perform ongoing file reviews as requested by Underwriting Directors and communicate individual results to Underwriters and Underwriting Directors. May also participate in state underwriting audits as scheduled by the Training and Underwriting Directors.
- Exercise authority on account referrals for hazard grade, limits, complexity, coverage, premium modifiers, and reinsurance as delegated by the Underwriting Directors.
- Consistently show ability to support and lead the team to meet or exceed the annual financial targets of the assigned Commercial Lines team.
- Coordinate and assist in the backup plan when an Underwriter is out of the office.
- Actively participate in key projects as assigned by the Underwriting Vice President and/or Underwriting Directors.
- Communicate and negotiate with agents, Market Managers, and external contacts.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, claims, actuarial services and other internal contacts as needed to ensure the success of direct reports and territory.
- Actively participate in joint Underwriter/Customer Service Specialist Supervisor meetings.
- A minimum of 5-7 years Commercial multi-line underwriting success.
- Ability and willingness to mentor and train others while demonstrating competencies in team-building, leadership, and problem-solving.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to interpret financial statements, credit reports, and similar documents.
- Understands the basic concepts associated with rate reviews and the financial performance of a book of business.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to establish solid working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- CPCU, CIC, ARM or similar designation(s).
- Ability to use basic spreadsheet and word processing programs.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed