Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
- Manage litigated claims to expedite settlements and control litigation costs by evaluating exposure, analyzing anticipated defense costs, and establishing a defense plan for outside counsel.
- Maintain adequate reserves.
- Participate in round table discussions prior to ADR or trial to evaluate risk and establish settlement parameters.
- Advise Claims staff on investigation, liability, damages, and legal issues.
- Provide Underwriting with legal opinions on coverage issues.
- Present training seminars to Claims and Underwriting.
- Assist with the development of policy forms and endorsements.
- Participate in department and inter-department projects.
- Willing and able to travel within state, and out of state, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Juris Doctorate and license to practice law.
- At least three years of personal injury, insurance defense or other litigation experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Knowledge of policy language and insurance coverage issues.
- A general knowledge of insurance law and insurance company operations.
- Jury trial experience.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed